Important announcements WASOG/AASOG 2021Announcements

Important announcements WASOG/AASOG 2021

Announcements concerning WASOG/AASOG 2021

March 16, 2021


Dear WASOG/AASOG colleagues:


Thank you for your patience as we manage through this evolving pandemic and its effect on our planned meeting.  Based on input from the Planning Committee and the Executive Committee, we have decided not to have a virtual meeting in June.  We are strongly considering a live meeting sometime in late November or early December.  As soon as we have confirmation of the decision, we will post an update on the website and communicate it to you.  Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions, or to provide any input about this process.  We would welcome your thoughts.


Dan Culver, 

on behalf of the WASOG/AASOG 2021 Planning Committee



April 20, 2020


Dear Members,


As you may have anticipated, the COVID-19 pandemic will, unfortunately, make it unrealistic to hold our WASOG/AASOG course in June. 

At this time, we are exploring options to reschedule the course to Spring/Summer 2021. 

Once new dates are determined, we will contact you for your availability.


We hope you will be able to join us for the rescheduled WASOG/AASOG course. 

If you have made flight or hotel reservations, please cancel those now.


Thank you for your understanding.  Take care of yourself, your teams, and your families.


WASOG/AASOG Conference management



March 19, 2020

Dear colleagues,


In light of the cancellation of the ATS meeting, we want to update you that we are continuing to monitor the evolving situation.  It is our opinion that the trajectory of the pandemic and its effects on us and our patients is not yet sufficiently defined to cancel the WASOG/AASOG meeting at this time, which is slated to occur 5 weeks after the American Thoracic Society meeting.
In the next days and weeks, as the situation becomes more clear, we will formulate a decision about the meeting.  At the present time, our intent is to proceed as planned but if it becomes clear that holding the meeting would jeopardize the health and safety of the speakers, attendees, and event staff, we will not hesitate to postpone it or cancel it.


March 16, 2020

Dear friends and colleagues,


We are monitoring and discussing the rapidly evolving COVID19 pandemic on a daily basis.

At this point, we have not made any decision to cancel or postpone WASOG/AASOG 2020.

As the trajectory of the pandemic becomes more defined, we will make an informed decision about the meeting, considering the interests of public health, the attendees, speakers, our patients, and the conference facility workers.

We are exploring all options for the meeting for contingency planning.


For now, please stay safe and healthy. We are all pulling for each other to get through these difficult times.


Dan Culver, on behalf of the WASOG and AASOG Executive Committees